Information Security for the Public Sector
In 2015, the United States government was subject to the largest data breach in its history. Hackers based in China breached the systems of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), where they stole more than four million records containing sensitive information about federal employees. The data included Social Security numbers, security clearances, and job assignments, as well as employee performance ratings and information pertaining to job training.
Growing Networks Pose a Growing Risk
What makes public sector organizations prime targets for hackers? In the past, information in the public sector was transferred to networks that were easily managed. Today’s ever-expansive networks are much more complex, involving a variety of resources and users connecting from near and far – many on their own personal devices. This provides ample opportunity for hackers to conduct sophisticated attacks in order to access and steal sensitive data.
Are Your Third Parties Secure?
Another concern is that information exchanged with non-government contractors and other third parties may be compromised once it leaves your organization’s hands. When you share sensitive data with other agencies or third parties, do you know if they adhere to best practices in regard to information security? With a growing number of agencies focused on cutting costs and outsourcing, security can easily be cast to the wayside – with serious results.
Securing Data in the Public Sector
It’s essential public-sector organizations educate their staff and implement policies regarding activity such as the use of mobile devices and sharing data with third parties, but this isn't enough. That’s why CISOSHARE specializes in customizing information security solutions for the public sector.
We understand the challenges posed by today’s diverse network infrastructures. From securing mobile devices to detecting and defending against malware and other cyber threats, we can help your organization take the right steps to protect your network.
- A high-level review of the organization’s security practices
- Identifying areas requiring immediate attention and prioritization of projects to improve the organization’s security posture within weeks
- Implementation of new and revised policies aligned to the organization’s benchmark and best practice frameworks
- Virtually embedding our team of information security experts with your organization and assist in solving security-related initiatives
- Implementing the new and/or revised policies and processes to become standardized within the organization and relieving pressure associated with daily security operations
- Security awareness training to ensure employees follow new processes and are abiding by them
let us know how we can support you!