Information Security Training & Awareness Program
Information security is more than processes and policies: it’s a culture. A key component to maintaining a comprehensive information security program is ensuring every human resource supporting the organization is working together to secure the organization. A well designed and maintained Information Security Training and Awareness Program is the most cost-effective and impactful initiative an organization can do to help secure information and the technical resources needed to process the information. This is why an information security awareness program is essential if you want to build and maintain a best practice information security program.
Elements of a Strong Information Security Training Program
A well-designed information security training and awareness program should include:
- Executive-level support to drive budget allocation, decision-making, and set the tone for the importance of information security.
- Training that extends beyond IT employees and involves each department up, down, and across the organization. Technical systems and electronic data are used in so many areas of an organization - train the people who use them.
- Relevance to the organizational culture, industry, employee profile and should involve a variety of tools and teaching methods.
- Establish baselines, measure success, incentivize your team towards security-conscious behaviors.
- Deliver solutions to accomplish job duties in a secure manner rather than strictly prohibiting certain actions.
let us know how we can support you!